KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Benefits of post-corona karaoke Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:02 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 233 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 7:59 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 396 times
No longer worried about the surface of the kiosk as the CDC says the chances of getting Covid-19 off of surfaces is slim to none. I intend to sanitize the kiosk once a night with Microban disinfectant and that should be good enough since it protects surfaces for 24 hours.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 4:07 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 634 times
DannyG2006 wrote:
No longer worried about the surface of the kiosk as the CDC says the chances of getting Covid-19 off of surfaces is slim to none. I intend to sanitize the kiosk once a night with Microban disinfectant and that should be good enough since it protects surfaces for 24 hours.

:roll: :roll: While it is true the CDC has amended it's call for wiping down surfaces Danny, there is still the matter of wearing masks, and avoiding crowds. Those two items alone are needed to stop the airborne transmission of the virus where most of the infections occur. The virus is mostly transmitted between people, so wearing a mask and social distancing are still the most effective ways to avoid the pandemic from spreading. That is why any type of activity which draws a crowd, a crowd that not everyone is wearing a mask all the time is not a good idea. That leaves the KJ in a bad situation, since he cannot enforce everyone wearing a mask in public, and after a few drinks everyone as seen in Wisconsin starts getting up close and personal, not maintaining a distance of at least six feet. If someone coughs their airborne droplets will travel many feet, a sneeze can travel 20 feet. You might be able to clean surfaces less, but how are you not going to change people getting close to one another, and breathing the same air in a confined space?

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 8:03 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1048 times
The Lone Ranger wrote:
You might be able to clean surfaces less, but how are you not going to change people getting close to one another, and breathing the same air in a confined space?

You're not going to. No matter what you do, you are taking a big risk.

So, the question is... Do I want to go back to hosting karaoke and put myself and those around me, such as my spouse or significant other, at risk of getting this disease which can possibly lead to death?

Let's face it, it is not a smart idea for karaoke to return at this time. Just because the bar may reinstate it, doesn't mean that it's safe to do so. And all the precautions you're going to take such as mic covers, sterilizing mics, smartphone requests, etc., are for the benefits of your singers. They are NOT going to protect you. In fact, you are worse off then they are.

Remember, hospital workers, including doctors and nurses, wear masks and gloves but that didn't stop many of them from contracting the virus and dying.

Choose wisely. Your life is at risk. Is karaoke all worth it?

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 9:22 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

:!: In most cases Alan hosts have to face the facts, and most local health authorities are only going to allow venues to reopen, under very strict guidelines. Many restaurants simply won't have enough of a profit margin if they can only use outside dinning, spaced far apart. My son lives in Chicago and many restaurants that have been around 40 years or more, that aren't large chains, are simply closing their doors never to reopen. The workers employed there will have to find new jobs, or retrain. Right now the country is awash with all of the money pumped in by the stimulus, and the FED. Once that is used up we are really going to be in for some long term grief. Karaoke will be the last thing on people's mind, their next meal and the one after that, keeping a roof over their heads, and trying to educate the kids, will be their primary concerns.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 9:26 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

The Lone Ranger wrote:
:!: In most cases Alan hosts have to face the facts, and most local health authorities are only going to allow venues to reopen, under very strict guidelines. Many restaurants simply won't have enough of a profit margin if they can only use outside dinning, spaced far apart. My son lives in Chicago and many restaurants that have been around 40 years or more, that aren't large chains, are simply closing their doors never to reopen. The workers employed there will have to find new jobs, or retrain. Right now the country is awash with all of the money pumped in by the stimulus, and the FED. Once that is used up we are really going to be in for some long term grief. Karaoke will be the last thing on people's mind, their next meal and the one after that, keeping a roof over their heads, and trying to educate the kids, will be their primary concerns.

P.S. Speaking only for myself, I don't think I would enjoy a show, if everything was so different from before. It would take getting used to the new abnormal format, I wouldn't be that relaxed either as a host, or a patron. Also if people came to one of my shows and became sick, I would be beating myself up mentally, thinking is this really worth it?

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 9:49 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Been Liked: 7 times
Maybe the pay for KJs will go up because so many of them are old and will refuse to host a show.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 9:56 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

zeke wrote:
Maybe the pay for KJs will go up because so many of them are old and will refuse to host a show.

:wink: There is an idea let the younger hosts do the show, thin out the herd, then they would have to pay the KJ's left more. That is of course venues decide to do any entertainment at all, since their profit margins will be so thin, due to less customers? See really no one knows for sure what is going to happen. It will be interesting to see how many hosts survive all of this, business and health wise?

P.S. Haven't heard from Mr.Scott this is Friday his night to do his show. I wonder if business is going to pick up or stay the same? That's right they have a limit as to the size of the crowd, 50 isn't it?

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 12:22 pm 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 326 times
The Lone Ranger wrote:
zeke wrote:

:wink: There is an idea let the younger hosts do the show, thin out the herd, then they would have to pay the KJ's left more. That is of course venues decide to do any entertainment at all, since their profit margins will be so thin, due to less customers? See really no one knows for sure what is going to happen. It will be interesting to see how many hosts survive all of this, business and health wise?

P.S. Haven't heard from Mr.Scott this is Friday his night to do his show. I wonder if business is going to pick up or stay the same? That's right they have a limit as to the size of the crowd, 50 isn't it?

You are correct, 50 is our limit at the moment (as of last Saturday night). However, 50 in this place is still a good night. Capacity is about 180, but that would be standing room only. 50 patrons is very comfortable spacing, with room to move around. I really don't expect much of a crowd tonight though, it being Memorial Day weekend. This is the beginning of our summer slow down anyway. Most people are out camping, or 4 wheeling or something outdoorsy. But even still, a night with 50 people will make it profitable for the owner. I will let ya all know how it goes.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 4:18 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

mrscott wrote:
The Lone Ranger wrote:
zeke wrote:

You are correct, 50 is our limit at the moment (as of last Saturday night). However, 50 in this place is still a good night. Capacity is about 180, but that would be standing room only. 50 patrons is very comfortable spacing, with room to move around. I really don't expect much of a crowd tonight though, it being Memorial Day weekend. This is the beginning of our summer slow down anyway. Most people are out camping, or 4 wheeling or something outdoorsy. But even still, a night with 50 people will make it profitable for the owner. I will let ya all know how it goes.

Right now, Utah has over 7500 confirmed cases of Corona Virus and rising. While that number is certainly much smaller than many other states, it is still nothing to laugh about.

50 people in your bar is still a sizable amount. All it takes is one person. Just one, to infect the bar. You have no control over who comes in and you certainly don't know where they came from and who they've been in contact with.

From what mrscott pointed out at his last show, patrons did not follow the rules. They were "up close and personal" hugging each other. These are the same people that refuse to use a mic that has a cover.

Because of people like this, I have no doubt that this bar will sooner or later be affected. And hosting at this bar with this type of crowd is definitely putting yourself at risk.

It would be different if these people were really trying to do the right thing by keeping their distance, using masks, washing hands frequently and following the safety protocols by the karaoke host. But this is not the case with these people so what I don't understand is...

Why would you want to risk your life for these a--holes?

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 11:54 pm 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Report from tonight.

Got a bit of a surprise with almost max capacity (46). Decent rotation (11). ALL of the singers used hand sanitizer each and every time, and I sterilized the mics each and every time as well. I am glad they are supporting the owner, she is so well deserving of their support. I am hopeful that the sales are returning so she can pay her bills (hospital, bar, home, etc).

As far as virus statistics go. Utah has had (past and present) total of so far 8057 cases. Out of those there has been a total of 660 hospitalized (108 currently), and 93 die (the vast majority of the people who died were in long term care facilities and had previous illnesses). As of today, there is a reported number of 4748 that have recovered, leaving 3216 active cases in the entire state. In our 6 county area (as said before, the area is about 2/3 size of the state of New Jersey), there has been a total of 34 cases, no deaths, only 2 hospitalized (currently 0 hospitalized) and 25 recovered, leaving 9 active cases. The state of Utah has lowered the risk to "low", with only a couple of cities that remain at "moderate risk", (none of those cities are even close to us, farther than 200 miles) I think we are still doing OK, and are safe to start living our lives reasonably normally. The numbers are currently still flattening at this time in the state.

For those of you who do not live in areas that are as rural as ours, your numbers will probably differ, and so should your actions. For now, we are all good and safe. You all stay the same. God bless us :D

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 2:26 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
i am back at all my shows already. i would prefer to have waited, but the bars will not wait. none of the bars in Phoenix are following anything as far as guidelines. capacity?...whatever....
i'm literally the only person in the building wearing a mask
shows have been packed.
on the business side....YAY
on the personal side....DAMN

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 3:45 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
i am back at all my shows already. i would prefer to have waited, but the bars will not wait. none of the bars in Phoenix are following anything as far as guidelines. capacity?...whatever....
shows have been packed.

:?: DAMN indeed! So you are the only person that is following guidelines in the whole venue? No wonder Arizona has been on an upward movement in the infection rate, just a week ago the were increasing at a rate of 271%, probably higher now, I would think. Sounds like everyone has thrown caution to the wind. Let's just hope the experts aren't right for once, and there isn't a massive uptick nationally during the Summer, which will then be followed by a second wave in the Fall and Winter, when flu season comes back. On the bright side if there is one, Phoenix will achieve herd immunity faster, but at a higher rate of infections and deaths, sort of a mini Sweden approach.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 3:46 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

mrscott wrote:
Report from tonight.

Got a bit of a surprise with almost max capacity (46). Decent rotation (11). ALL of the singers used hand sanitizer each and every time, and I sterilized the mics each and every time as well. I am glad they are supporting the owner, she is so well deserving of their support. I am hopeful that the sales are returning so she can pay her bills (hospital, bar, home, etc).

As far as virus statistics go. Utah has had (past and present) total of so far 8057 cases. Out of those there has been a total of 660 hospitalized (108 currently), and 93 die (the vast majority of the people who died were in long term care facilities and had previous illnesses). As of today, there is a reported number of 4748 that have recovered, leaving 3216 active cases in the entire state. In our 6 county area (as said before, the area is about 2/3 size of the state of New Jersey), there has been a total of 34 cases, no deaths, only 2 hospitalized (currently 0 hospitalized) and 25 recovered, leaving 9 active cases. The state of Utah has lowered the risk to "low", with only a couple of cities that remain at "moderate risk", (none of those cities are even close to us, farther than 200 miles) I think we are still doing OK, and are safe to start living our lives reasonably normally. The numbers are currently still flattening at this time in the state.

For those of you who do not live in areas that are as rural as ours, your numbers will probably differ, and so should your actions. For now, we are all good and safe. You all stay the same. God bless us :D

:!: Thanks for the report stay safe.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 4:18 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
shows have been packed.

As of yesterday, Arizona has 15,608 confirmed cases and 775 deaths. I find it astonishing that the bars you're working in are not taking any type of precaution. This is serious. You just can't flip a switch and go back to "business as usual".

In many states, bars have been ordered to take precautions as a condition for re-opening. Many bars are doing the following...

• Not allowing anyone to sit at the bar.
• Keeping tables 6 feet apart.
• Requiring customers and employees to wear masks.
• Putting up plexiglass partitions between tables.
• Reducing seating capacity.

Some are even doing temperature checks and reducing their hours. Because the bars you host in aren't doing any of this, you will soon see a spike in new cases and deaths.

I'm glad to see that you're wearing a mask but keep in mind that while it is certainly helpful, it doesn't make you immune. Remember, hospital workers including doctors and nurses wore masks too but still got the virus and many of them have died.

At this time, we (Michigan) are still on a lockdown. When the bars in my area re-open, I will base my decision on whether or not I'll be going back on what the bar is doing. If they're not taking any type of precautions, I'm not going back.

This is too risky. I don't want to be a sheep in the lion's den.

Good luck to you.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 5:36 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

:? One thing to keep in mind it takes 3 weeks or more for the new infections to spike, so around mid June we should know what the results are of going back to business as usual, at least it would seem in Arizona?

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 5:46 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
shows have been packed.

Welcome back to the people who are employed :D

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 9:45 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

mrscott wrote:

Welcome back to the people who are employed :D

:!: I'm all for people going back to work if they think it is safe, and they are not risking their life, or the lives of their families, or others. If we buy into the herd immunity scenario, then we also have to be ready to accept the loss of life. The administration thinks the death numbers have been inflated. According to most data sources, they have been under counted, and deaths resulting from the pandemic are much higher, than being reported. We are nearing 100,000 confirmed deaths, and the numbers in places like Alabama are going up at an alarming rate. Just stay safe and be careful, slow and steady wins the race, on this one.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 3:19 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
The Lone Ranger wrote:
:?: DAMN indeed! So you are the only person that is following guidelines in the whole venue?

yup...at any venue actually. did the VFW Friday and more than a few chuckled when i came in wearing a mask. one even asked if it was ok to tip me or should he bleach the money first.
The Lone Ranger wrote:
No wonder Arizona has been on an upward movement in the infection rate, just a week ago the were increasing at a rate of 271%, probably higher now, I would think.

anybody with a brain knew that was going to happen, and it followed the expectations to a "T".
The Lone Ranger wrote:
Sounds like everyone has thrown caution to the wind.

yup, it's a red state so there you go. it's amazing the lack of thought (not even concern, just thought) for anybody but themselves.
The Lone Ranger wrote:
Let's just hope the experts aren't right for once, and there isn't a massive uptick nationally during the Summer, which will then be followed by a second wave in the Fall and Winter, when flu season comes back.

there will be, but everyone knows that is coming.
The Lone Ranger wrote:
On the bright side if there is one, Phoenix will achieve herd immunity faster, but at a higher rate of infections and deaths, sort of a mini Sweden approach.

except that the virus keeps mutating and people are catching it more than once. sailors on the Roosevelt have been testing positive for a second round of Covid19, when that happens, herd immunity is not coming soon. plus considering that herd immunity requires 85-95% of the population getting sick or vaccinated...
and considering that most of us are way out of date with boosters for things like pertussis, Pneumococcal, Streptococcus, Hepatitis B, mumps, meningococcal disease, smallpox, yellow fever, all of which require boosters at the latest 25 years (some like pertussis require boosters every 2 years),even the flu vaccine only keeps potency for around 90 days. so most people over the age of about 30 are not really immune anymore (or at least have lost a majority of their immunities) so there is no herd immunity on any of those right now.
but that's for another day.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 5:07 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

:!: Yeah, and then you add to the mix the nearly 30 plus percent of people that believe vaccinating children will cause autism, or others who think that vaccinations are more dangerous than the disease they are supposed to protect you from. Some protections do become permanent genetic mutations. Such as the increase in iron in the blood, to battle The Black Death. Which causes another disease, too much iron in the blood, which my brother has, and has to have blood drawn every month. It is very doubtful in it's present form the virus would wipe out all of humanity. The problem is like you have pointed out, it keeps mutating and could develop into a more deadly strain.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 10:10 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 396 times
Here's the latest product for sale through Cavs
https://cavsusa.com/snt104/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 233 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next