KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Anyone else have computer freeze up using Karaosoft/Karma? Administrative Comments, Suggestions & Questions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:43 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:31 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Songs: 1
Been Liked: 4 times
I was having a couple of issues with my Karaosoft program and reached out to their Tech support for advice on how to possibly fix the problem. I assume I was talking with Bob Latshaw since his response was rude and uncalled for. After speaking to an Attorney who has agreed to take Karaosoft to court, i'm curious if anyone else has had negative comments directed at them from Bob Latshaw or any problems with the Karaosoft program freezing up? Below is my conversation with who I assume was "Bob Latshaw".

ME:Was having two issues .. 1) Karaosoft program kept freezing up and program kept having to be rebooted. 2) Kept getting distortion randomly throughout each song.

I figured it was one of two problems, maybe my laptop was too old, so I bought a new Legion Gaming Series Laptop and downloaded the Karoasoft program and the problem still exists.

So then I thought my mixer (Yamaha MG12XU possibly had a bad port or connection problem, so today I bought a brand new mixer, and the problem still exists.

The problem has got to be in the software program...Any idea what needs to be done to resolve the issue?..

BOB:your computer is overheating. Figure out why and your problem is solved.

ME:That's not possible...it happened with old laptop and same issue with brand new laptop...it's got to be something in the program.

BOB:If that were true, don't you think the tens of thousands of other copies would be doing it too?

You're a moron. Stop emailing tech support if you're going to act like you're smarter than us. Please take your business elsewhere.

ME:How do I get a refund for programs? I'll gladly take my business elsewhere since you are unwilling to fix the flaw in your program.

BOB:Call your credit card company and file a chargeback.

ME:I don't think you can file a chargeback for something that was purchased last year... it most likely would need to be refunded from the company, and I think I have paid for 4 programs.

ME:Mr Bob Latshaw,
The products I have ordered from you total $1,652.00
Please tell me how you want to proceed with the refund since your program continuously freezes and you are not cooperative with tech support and blaming my intelligence. If you refuse to offer me a full refund, I intend to hire an Attorney and all receipts and emails will be used to not only get a full refund, but any Attorney fees, Court cost, and travel expenses associated with taking you to Court and letting a Judge decide if I'm due a refund. Unless I hear back from you within the next 24 hours, I will meet with an Attorney and begin the legal process. I assume below is your name and mailing address, unless you tell me otherwise this is where the Attorney will be directed to send any documentation.

Robert "Bob" Latshaw Karaosoft
2324 Traceys Rd
Sparks Glencoe MD 21152

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:40 pm 

Been Liked: 1 time
I'm truly sorry to hear about your frustrating experience with Karaosoft's support, especially with Bob's response. It's disheartening to encounter such difficulties. In situations like these, it might be helpful to explore other avenues before legal action. Consider reaching out to Karaosoft's customer service again, expressing your concerns calmly, and seeking a resolution. If possible, document your interactions for reference. Also, explore online forums or communities to see if others have faced similar issues and found solutions. Legal action can be a last resort, but exhausting other options first might lead to a more amicable resolution. I hope things improve for you soon.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:29 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Thanks for the reply... My Bank has already refunded me a partial amount and a Court date is now set and I'm taking him to small claims to get the remaining balance plus Court cost and travel fees. You can't speak to customers that way and lock them out of the products they purchased and expect nothing will happen. He is nothing more than a cyber bully and a Judge needs to read these emails and let him know what a dumpster fire his personality is.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:28 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 330 times
I know Bob can be a real jerk at times, even downright foul. Although, sometimes his advise to look at other areas that could be causing errors is correct. I'm not saying this is one of those cases. However, it could still be related to something else. Just a simple question for you, have you tried "ALL" other possibilities of the software freezing issue? When it is running normally, have you looked to see how much resources it uses under normal load? And same question for when the software is freezing up. My suggestion is to look at every little part of the operation, including all software running in both the background and in use.

I understand at this point that you want to just get your money back from Bob and move onto other software. Bob is notoriously bad at customer service, and rarely gives back the money. So I wish you good luck.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:54 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

No doubt there could be an issue other than the Karaosoft program itself, but I'm not a software engineer, I'm just a customer reaching out to his Technical Support trying to figure out a solution to a problem while running his program. And the computer doesn't freeze using any other software, only while using Karaosoft. And, since I bought a brand new Lenovo Gaming computer and this was the only software I downloaded, there was a greater chance that Karaosoft software was the culprit. Bob can call his customers a Moron or an Idiot all he wants because that's probably protected under free speech laws, but what he can't do legally is lock the customer out of a program that they paid for because he doesn't want to deal with a Technical question that he doesn't agree with. He gets away with it because it's not feasable for most customers to travel for court dates over a few hundred dollars. I am fotunate to be retired and have plenty of time and resources to make these Court dates and allow a Judge to determine that what he has done and continues to do is not legal. If he were smart, he would refund the amount he owes me and avoid several trips to the Courthouse. But his Narcissistic personality keeps him from making rational decisions.