KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - CD+G Basics Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 4:57 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: CD+G Basics
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:11 pm 

Been Liked: 0 time
I'm a new user trying to figure out how difficult it actually is to create my own karaoke CD. I have a DVD burner and know I need to create a CD+G format disc, but I have no clue what software to use, etc. Can someone point me in the right direction? Also, is there software out there for "scrubbing" lyrics off songs that doesn't completely suck? Thanks. :worship:

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject: Re: CD+G Basics
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:50 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
scrubbing - most use a devocalizer. These types of programs usually remove part of the midrange, where the vocals USUALLY are. However, the filtering of this often has disasterous results with the other sound. Of the 1,000 songs I tried this on, only ten worked halfway decent at it.

building the cd+g graphics... Dart, Karaoke Builder Studio... these all work and work well. I believe POWERKARAOKE has a program, not only for the building, but also for the removing vocals... I'd look there first.

Also, in the creation of the disc, you have to have a burner that can recognize the graphics part. Many of us old timers have used the Plextor burners, and until recently, they ALL did the graphics subcode... but as of the last few years, Plextor's burners that are new will READ ONLY the subcode, not write them.

powerkaraoke has claimed that they can utilize the majority of burners on regular desktops and about half of the burners used in laptops.

Do a "Forum Search" for the ID of POWERKARAOKE, and pm him! He's a member here, and will answer many of your questions.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile