KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Vote On New Options ATTN: PHILL Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 8:38 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 443 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 23  Next

Should we add any of these features to the SS?
Delete comment 3%  3%  [ 4 ]
Delete comment 3%  3%  [ 4 ]
Preview comment before approving 6%  6%  [ 8 ]
Preview comment before approving 6%  6%  [ 8 ]
Report inappropriate submission 5%  5%  [ 7 ]
Report inappropriate submission 5%  5%  [ 7 ]
All three features 21%  21%  [ 30 ]
All three features 21%  21%  [ 30 ]
Leave things as they are 15%  15%  [ 21 ]
Leave things as they are 15%  15%  [ 21 ]
Total votes : 140
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:25 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
Kelley, I think it's worth a try.  Before we had the three categories, C, JFF & L, it was critique only, believe it or not!  I think they WILL listen if we speak as a WHOLE GROUP, as MEMBERS OF THIS SITE and not just a few pissed off people.  I think taking a poll is a good way to show them what we want in a constructive manner and with actual ideas on HOW to improve.

And Johnny, I'm sorry I forgot to acknowledge you earlier! Thank you for your vote, hon!  :hug:

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:27 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 8 times
Cindy you raise some excellent points. You and Luly have it down...joint president of USA?
I think extending your approved by suggestion, until the approve button is hit it should stay blanked out (maybe a black on gray) something like this perhaps
Once the comment/critique has been approved its a simple thing to click a button and the comment is then displayed in the normal way
so instead of deleting the comments they are left blanked out...can still be read for sure by those that are hell bent on doing so but dont meet with the subbers approval.
BUT PLEASE ADMIN TAKE AWAY THE EDIT BUTTON IN SS SO AS THOSE THAT ABUSE THIS CAN NO LONGER DO SO

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:28 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 3 times
Quote:
Kelley, I think it's worth a try.  Before we had the three categories, C, JFF & L, it was critique only, believe it or not! [highlight=crimson] I think they WILL listen if we speak as a WHOLE GROUP, as MEMBERS OF THIS SITE and not just a few tinkled off people[/highlight].

I TRULY hope your right Luly :) :hug:

[shadow=black][scroll]You have to respect your audience. Without them, you're essentially standing alone, singing to yourself....KD Lang[/scroll][/shadow]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:31 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Cindy can have that job if she wants it, I stay out of political arenas, thank you very little!!!  LOL   I think being Caps we just tend to be very diplomatic.

Vicki, I like your idea.  It would show how many comments you have thus far and be blocked off til you approve it.  Right?

And as Cindy said, the scenario would be that the comment box would go away once you hit your post button.  So, you would have no way to change your comment.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:33 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Karaoke  Kelley @ Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:28 pm wrote:
Quote:
Kelley, I think it's worth a try.  Before we had the three categories, C, JFF & L, it was critique only, believe it or not! [highlight=crimson] I think they WILL listen if we speak as a WHOLE GROUP, as MEMBERS OF THIS SITE and not just a few tinkled off people[/highlight].

I TRULY hope your right Luly :) :hug:

Keep the faith, Kelley.   :wink:   :hug:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:34 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 25 times
MorganLeFey @ Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:27 am wrote:
Cindy you raise some excellent points. You and Luly have it down...joint president of USA?
I think extending your approved by suggestion, until the approve button is hit it should stay blanked out (maybe a black on gray) something like this perhaps
Once the comment/critique has been approved its a simple thing to click a button and the comment is then displayed in the normal way
so instead of deleting the comments they are left blanked out...can still be read for sure by those that are hell bent on doing so but dont meet with the subbers approval.
BUT PLEASE ADMIN TAKE AWAY THE EDIT BUTTON IN SS SO AS THOSE THAT ABUSE THIS CAN NO LONGER DO SO

Why so you can see how horrible my spelling actually is??? LMAO

I edit because my spelling sux, my small keyboard sux, my brain fails me at times!!

We should not loose our abiltiy to edit just because of one person who abuses it.

maybe his edit button should be removed.....NOT MINE!!!! LMAO
Im talking about in the forum....not over in song area...lol

Song area needs these changes!!! :yes:

:hug:

If I mispell words on a song sub...I don't really care, but in the forums I need to be able to edit because I make so many mistakes on my spelling.

Some other person such as we know who....like to use it to change things he says to keep from looking stupid.

I use it to correct poor spelling and at time I do use it to erase something I said that did not make sense in the forum or whatever!! LOL

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:36 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

actually I think a simple change of colour for approval would be all that was necessary. It means that those that dont approve of the critique or the comment they have received can leave it blanked out...no need to inflame or throw stones by commenting, just leave it. Other folk can see it I guess (trying to keep it simple for phil) but until the approve button is pushed then it doesnt display normally.
It would also highlight the ones who can never be bothered responding to their comments  LOL

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:40 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Neo @ Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:34 pm wrote:

I edit because my spelling sux, my small keyboard sux, my brain fails me at times!!

We should not loose out abiltiy to edit just because of one person who abuses it.

If I mispell words on a song sub...I don't really care, but in the forums I need to be able to edit because I make so many mistakes on my spelling.

Some other person such as we know who....like to use it to change things he says to keep from looking stupid.

I use it to correct poor spelling and at time I do use it to erase something I said that did not make sense in the forum or whatever!! LOL

I'll give you spelling lessons.  Just watch my lips at all times.  :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:44 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Luly @ Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:40 am wrote:
Neo @ Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:34 pm wrote:

We should not loose out abiltiy to edit just because of one person who abuses it.

I'll give you spelling lessons.  Just watch my lips at all times.  :wink:

Now that I could do!!!!  :hug: :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:47 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

LOL  LOL  :hug:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:48 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 3 times
Quote:
actually I think a simple change of colour for approval would be all that was necessary. It means that those that dont approve of the critique or the comment they have received can leave it blanked out...no need to inflame or throw stones by commenting, just leave it. Other folk can see it I guess (trying to keep it simple for PHiLL (aka webguru) (aka webguru)) but until the approve button is pushed then it doesnt display normally.
It would also highlight the ones who can never be bothered responding to their comments  

Im kinda liking this one myself..

[shadow=black][scroll]You have to respect your audience. Without them, you're essentially standing alone, singing to yourself....KD Lang[/scroll][/shadow]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:51 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Maybe I'm not understanding....but are you saying, supposing the comment is not one you would normally approve, that it would be in a different shade but yet visible?  The whole idea is to prevent the public eye from viewing the nastiness (thereby preventing MORE nastiness).  Is it not?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:53 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Songs: 2
I voted to have all three options...I think comments should not be allowed to be edited once they are submitted, but give the option to add to the original comment and give the replier the same option.  But then again, that's just my opinion, and my opinion doesn't amount to much anymore. - Tonya

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:54 pm 
Major Poster
Major Poster

Songs: 75
Been Liked: 15 times
I wish I wasn't the typo queen of the universe but, alas. I am!  Y'all know what I mean on your subs, don't ya?  XX, Pam  was that right?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:54 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Luly @ Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:51 am wrote:
Maybe I'm not understanding....but are you saying, supposing the comment is not one you would normally approve, that it would be in a different shade but yet visible?  The whole idea is to prevent the public eye from viewing the nastiness (thereby preventing MORE nastiness).  Is it not?

Im with you Luly...Heck if it can still be seen...only in a different color...What purpose would that serve???? LMAO

I don't get it either  :headscratch:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:59 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

For the typo kings and Queens....have it so that you have 15 minutes to correct your spelling errors...after that its final!!  :D

Then the person who subbed the song has to then approve the comment before it is posted permanently.

If its a snide remark they can chunk it in the trash!!  If its acceptable then allow the post and then its done and over with.  :yes:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:02 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Tonya, your opinion does matter and thank you for voting.

Pam, your comments are always clear to me!

I'll talk to y'all later, I gotta get some dinner going here.  :wave:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:05 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Songs: 2
Thanks, Luly, and you are welcome - Tonya

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:05 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Luly @ Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:51 am wrote:

No hon the whole idea is to retain the higher moral ground. by not pressing accept you are stating that the comment is unacceptable. that should be all that is necessary. I think if you drive the nastyness underground it will still continue but those that perpetrate it will simply deny and state that the person who says they received it is making it up. If the comment was blanked out enough only those with a seperate agenda would bother to read them anyway

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:08 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Hugs Tonya, you opinion will always be sought here  :hug:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 443 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 23  Next