KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - RSQ mk22 Blues Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 8:21 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: RSQ mk22 Blues
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:11 pm 

Been Liked: 0 time
Hello All,
Just looking for some advice. I searched and found some interesting posts but am still looking for more enlightenment.

I just purchased 2 of the RSQ mk22 players as backup and replacements and set one up for testing. As soon as I had it running I realized this is not the deck for me.

I am currently using the RSQ SV222 and JVC xl-sv22 as well as the 3 disc version of the JVC and am happy with the load times performance etc, I do have some quirks with them like locking up sometimes, won't eject and other misc issues but as a workhorse machine they suit my needs. They have many hours on them and I was looking at replacing them. So on with the story..........

1) I start testing the mk22 and realize that first off the load time is terrible. I'm seing like 30-45 seconds from time the disc is in the drawer to the time it is ready for a performance. On the same note direct track entry is not possible with the drawer open, you must push the "Close" button ........wait a painfully long time to load before being able to enter a track number.

2) The onscreen display reappears on EVERY song and you must use the remote to turn it off. I never run with OSD on (very tacky)

3) The RSQ logo stays on the screen between tracks instead of blue screen (super tacky when you are showing on giant screen plus 5 other TV's in the club)

4) Trying to make the unit stay in single track mode so it stops at the end of the song seems unreliable. Honestly I had this thing back in the box before I could really test this out.

IMO the unit is not suitable for PRO use. At least not the way I do it. I am way to busy to be fiddling with the remote and waiting for the disc to load.

Does anyone know of a good player similar to the JVS xl-sv22 or the RSQ sv222?
The unit only needs to play CD+G. On the models I use now, I drop a disc in, puch the track number (the drawer closes, and the track begins playing in about 2-5 seconds. That is what I'm looking for. Thanks for any suggestions.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject: Re: RSQ mk22 Blues
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:27 am 
Unfortunately the machine manufactureres are falling behind the professional users needs.

With more people switching to the computers, it will be less and less of a market for them.  So quality machines will be harder to find.    Sooner or later switching to a computer will be the only way to play karaoke music.   Just like the HDTV craze.    Things only move forward.

I refuse to buy another machine.   I'm going to computer.  This will eliminate the disc and machine, wear and tear issue.     I have so many machines laying around it isn't funny.     That was when machines were $1000 or more each.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:44 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
Diamond Dave

I too have the RSQ MK22 and do agree with you. Load times are very slow and the machine is no where near the JVC models of the PAST.  I have only been using this machine for "customers discs' as I am fully computerized.

I could not imagine using this machine or machines soley.

Have you looked at the pro units from NUMARK and others.
Seperate dual players and controls that can be rackmounted?
I have heard and seen that these machines are very good and load and seek times quick.  CDN25+G from Numark --check it out  ( Only downside is no digital key changer) they do have a tempo changer -- So thats the drawback.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:16 pm 
The duel decks are a good idea, until one breaks and you lose them both at the repair shop.  What do you play with then?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:08 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
that's where I always had TWO players, rather than a dual deck. But then again, I would have TWO duals if I did that that way.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:38 pm 
:worship:  :yes:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:47 pm 
I know two KJ's with that model, and spoke to one yesterday about it.  She has no problem with it.  It does load the disk a "tad" slow, according to her, but gets to the tracks just fine, thereafter.  That drive is used just for guests; her show is run off a hard drive.

Also, she likes playing music when there's "dead air" and that drive handles her mp3 disks.