KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - To a Certain Point... Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 12:47 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: To a Certain Point...
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:04 pm 
Major Poster
Major Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
do you guys think that there should be a cut off on karaoke when youv'e had a lil' too much to drink?  lol sometimes it is just over bearing to go to a bar and sing after a loud obnoxious drunk whos spit on the mike god knows how manny times... and probably forgot to wash his handsafter usin the bathroom all night...lol tell me whatcha think![font=MS Sans Serif][/font]THANK YA'LL FOR THE COMMENTS KEEP 'EM CUMMIN'...[/b]

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:11 pm 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

Absolutely! I cut people off anytime I feel my equipment is in danger. I cut people off when they're so drunk you can't understand or hear a word their singing. I cut someone off when they get rude and belligerent.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:12 pm 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

Oh I forgot to add - I cut people off when they're so drunk they
puke on stage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO PUKING!!!  LMAO PLEASE

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:25 pm 
Major Poster
Major Poster

Babs @ Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:12 pm wrote:
Oh I forgot to add - I cut people off when they're so drunk they
puke on stage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO PUKING!!!  LMAO PLEASE
 i hear ya there that would be completely nasty...i hate when people get boligerent in public it's not only annoying but it is rude... i wish poeple  could just go out to have a good time have a few drinks thats fine but not get boligerant...  thanx cutie for the reply

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:04 pm 
Not too much of a problem here.  Bar has to cut 'em off if they get too drunk, by law.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:06 pm 
Major Poster
Major Poster

sometimes though it does happen and can cost a lot of damage to machinery or just be obnoxious.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:41 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Songs: 50
I saw a drunk woman try to leave the stage after singing a song and she walked right into the karaoke monitor and stand and she knocked it off the stage and onto the dance floor. To see that monitor hit the floor with a big bang was not too cool and the KJ let everyone know he was not too happy. The monitor kept working but when I talked to John he was saying someone had just ruined one of his monitors about two weeks earlier so this was not a first time. He was worried he was out another. (Not so this time)

I remember one night at karaoke that the KJ was extremely sick. I talked to him and he was sneezing, dripping, breathing out his mouth, kleenexing (?) etc. What is odd is that I didn't ever figure out that maybe I wouldn't want to grab that mic and sing. I did and got sick the following evening. My friend Bill (planet_bill) said he cruised back to the bar when Jimmy Lee was shaking peeps hands when we arrived because he could see how sick he was right away. (Hey Bill! How about telling me what you thought was obvious!) I wound up sick, so yes it does happen.  :withstupid:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:06 pm 
It's the bartender's responsibility to determine if a person should not be served.

I had a drunk guy trip on the speaker stand and knock it over.   The speaker hit the mens room door and it fell and opened the door at the same time.  The door slowed the fall.    It was like slow motion.

I had a girl stand in front of the speakers and try to talk to her girlfriend.   Instead of moving she went over and turned my speaker 90 degrees from where it was pointing.    She pulled the cable to hard and the speaker and stand fell over, hitting the pool table and then the floor.    I went over and told her I wanted to see her drivers license and that she would have to pay for damages.    She proceeded to tell me no.   She then left the bar in a big hurry.    I ran outside, cell phone in hand and before she cleared the parking lot, I gave the police her plate number.    The cops came and I told him there was at least $50-60 damage.     Ha ha.    He was going to call her and I told him I wanted to press charges.   Her girlfriend came to me and asked me, what it would take to make it disappear.    I told her $40.   The cop said OK, I said OK and took the money.   :yes:    SCREW HER.   LMAO   Don't touch my stuff.    :no:    

A friend of mine had a bottle of beer spilled all over his mixer.    The guy sat it there to sing his song.   The mixer fried right before our eyes.    People need to be held accountable, period. :yes:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:59 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
I steer people clear of bringing their drinks anywhere NEAR my karaoke area... it's really funny... someone will sit it down, and I'll pick it right up, or even put my hand out to keep them from sitting it down. They'll give me a look like "WTF"??? and I'll point at my electronics and say "are you ready to pay for any of this if this drink goes "bam?" They usually go "OH!" as in the lights are suddenly on!

I would have told the girl that allowed the speaker to go bang "Congratulations... you've just bought a speaker. That'll be $400!" $50-$60 in damages??? you might have problems down the road with it that are related to the fall on that night! Could be a minor crack in the case that suddenly one night vibrates the heck out of the accoustics, a broken solder connection, the driver could get a heck of an impact shock and start the process of breaking down...

Not saying any of that would happen, but they ARE scenarios that COULD happen!

To answer this post... I've not told anyone they're too drunk to sing... but I have denied them the cordless mics, or made them write their own slip! I had one drunk would ask the gal next to him to write his slip up for me, and when he brought it up, I told him "no way did you write this!" (cause it had a great flowing script... sorry, most gals write wonderfully, where most of us guys have awful penmanship.) He said he was too drunk to read the book and write it down, and I told him, "Well, you're too drunk to follow highlighted words on the screen and to be trusted not to drop my expensive microphones!"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:40 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 8 times
Jeffieoke @ Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:41 pm wrote:
I saw a drunk woman try to leave the stage after singing a song and she walked right into the karaoke monitor and stand and she knocked it off the stage and onto the dance floor. To see that monitor hit the floor with a big bang was not too cool and the KJ let everyone know he was not too happy. The monitor kept working but when I talked to John he was saying someone had just ruined one of his monitors about two weeks earlier so this was not a first time. He was worried he was out another. (Not so this time)

I remember one night at karaoke that the KJ was extremely sick. I talked to him and he was sneezing, dripping, breathing out his mouth, kleenexing (?) etc. What is odd is that I didn't ever figure out that maybe I wouldn't want to grab that mic and sing. I did and got sick the following evening. My friend Bill (planet_bill) said he cruised back to the bar when Jimmy Lee was shaking peeps hands when we arrived because he could see how sick he was right away. (Hey Bill! How about telling me what you thought was obvious!) I wound up sick, so yes it does happen.  :withstupid:

hmm seems to me someone swept the floor (or wiped their nose) with you that night dahlin ;-)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:44 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 8 times
knightshow @ Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:59 am wrote:
I steer people clear of bringing their drinks anywhere NEAR my karaoke area... it's really funny... someone will sit it down, and I'll pick it right up, or even put my hand out to keep them from sitting it down. They'll give me a look like "WTF"??? and I'll point at my electronics and say "are you ready to pay for any of this if this drink goes "bam?" They usually go "OH!" as in the lights are suddenly on!

I would have told the girl that allowed the speaker to go bang "Congratulations... you've just bought a speaker. That'll be $400!" $50-$60 in damages??? you might have problems down the road with it that are related to the fall on that night! Could be a minor crack in the case that suddenly one night vibrates the heck out of the accoustics, a broken solder connection, the driver could get a heck of an impact shock and start the process of breaking down...

Not saying any of that would happen, but they ARE scenarios that COULD happen!

To answer this post... I've not told anyone they're too drunk to sing... but I have denied them the cordless mics, or made them write their own slip! I had one drunk would ask the gal next to him to write his slip up for me, and when he brought it up, I told him "no way did you write this!" (cause it had a great flowing script... sorry, most gals write wonderfully, where most of us guys have awful penmanship.) He said he was too drunk to read the book and write it down, and I told him, "Well, you're too drunk to follow highlighted words on the screen and to be trusted not to drop my expensive microphones!"

hahaha folk have attempted to touch my gear and have risked permanent injury. I dye my hair as a direct reflection of the volatility of my nature