KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Host With Equipment Failure Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:13 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 292 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:41 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 326 times
The Lone Ranger wrote:
mrscott wrote:

So now you are saying you "aren't" hosting ANY karaoke at all? Only DJ work? That's not what you have been saying since the beginning of your posts. Well, it doesn't make any difference at all, it's still "entertainment". And of course they want your "free" services, why wouldn't they? They are PROFITING from your lack of business vision and your willingness to be a sucker.

You are right MRSCOTT originally I was going to do Karaoke, but I had my own "road to Damascus"moment. The event at the VFW done for a friend convinced me DJ is the direction I wanted to change to. I was lucky the non-profits are letting me experiment, since I am a member volunteer. By not charging they are giving me a chance to do what I like best thinking outside the box. They all agreed that they have karaoke twice a week, they can't really afford a band, but a DJ in place of a band works better and is cheaper. I'm not wearing my business hat, I am an artist creating.

Still, DJ work and karaoke hosting still fall under the same entertainment scope. But I do wish you would have acknowledged that you had intended to quit the karaoke part of it. We do thank you for that much. But still stop giving away free shows to places that don't need or deserve the kindness (read that as being a sucker)

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:48 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 634 times
mrscott wrote:

Still, DJ work and karaoke hosting still fall under the same entertainment scope. But I do wish you would have acknowledged that you had intended to quit the karaoke part of it. We do thank you for that much. But still stop giving away free shows to places that don't need or deserve the kindness (read that as being a sucker)

I though I mentioned that this was going to be for a short period of time. 90 day trial, up to the duration of the Pandemic which should be over sometime next year. That anything created during that time would go to who ever wanted it, after I slipped back into retirement. I can't travel now anyway, but in the future I intend to. Do you think Jesus was a sucker, dying for others sins?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:04 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

The Lone Ranger wrote:
mrscott wrote:

I though I mentioned that this was going to be for a short period of time. 90 day trial, up to the duration of the Pandemic which should be over sometime next year. That anything created during that time would go to who ever wanted it, after I slipped back into retirement. I can't travel now anyway, but in the future I intend to. Do you think Jesus was a sucker, dying for others sins?

OH MY HECK?? Did you just compare yourself to Jesus? You need some help my friend!! :o

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:12 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

The Lone Ranger wrote:

I though I mentioned that this was going to be for a short period of time. 90 day trial, up to the duration of the Pandemic which should be over sometime next year.

90 days is not short term for seeing if a karaoke show is viable. You should know after about 3 to 4 weeks, not 12 to 13. There isn't a self respecting host alive (except now, you) that would give away that much time, energy and the ability to be successful for that long of a "trial period". Yep, that would make you a sucker.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:39 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

mrscott wrote:
The Lone Ranger wrote:
mrscott wrote:

OH MY HECK?? Did you just compare yourself to Jesus? You need some help my friend!! :o

Don't be silly I was asking you a question, not making a comparison. The goal of every Christian is to live their life as close to Jesus's teachings as possible, the word Christian means literally Christ Like. I personally feel it's you and Alan that need help.

Last edited by The Lone Ranger on Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:51 am, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:42 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

mrscott wrote:

90 days is not short term for seeing if a karaoke show is viable. You should know after about 3 to 4 weeks, not 12 to 13. There isn't a self respecting host alive (except now, you) that would give away that much time, energy and the ability to be successful for that long of a "trial period". Yep, that would make you a sucker.

Since I'm not doing karaoke, trying something that hasn't been tried before here locally, it could take more time. Well if I am a sucker, I'm in good company "Everybody's somebody's Fool", there are no exceptions to the rule.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:48 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

The Lone Ranger wrote:
mrscott wrote:

Since I'm not doing karaoke, trying something that hasn't been tried before here locally, it could take more time. Well if I am a sucker, I'm in good company "Everybody's somebody's Fool", there are no exceptions to the rule.

Well, at least we got that out of the way ;)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:52 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

The Lone Ranger wrote:
mrscott wrote:
The Lone Ranger wrote:
mrscott wrote:

Don't be silly I was asking you a question, not making a comparison. The goal of every Christian is to live their life as close to Jesus's teachings as possible, the word Christian mean literally Christ Like. I personally feel it's you and Alan that need help.

Heaven only knows I have a LOT of shortcomings, but "giving" is definitely NOT one of them. I gave so much to a woman and a marriage that never gave anything back and only "took" for 31 years. Until I got some self respect and walked away did I find out what a big sucker I was and figured out that I was worth so much more. I didn't listen to others either back then.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:15 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 158 times
mrscott wrote:
Let's do a test: There are no wrong answers here. (this list is in random order now)

List in order from most important to least important, in order: (according to your beliefs)

God
Country
Children
Money
Job
Spouse
Community
Friends
Self

Fun exercize!

Community
Spouse
Friends
Self
Money
Job
Country

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:21 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

NoShameKaraoke wrote:
mrscott wrote:
Let's do a test: There are no wrong answers here. (this list is in random order now)

List in order from most important to least important, in order: (according to your beliefs)

God
Country
Children
Money
Job
Spouse
Community
Friends
Self

Fun exercize!

Community
Spouse
Friends
Self
Money
Job
Country

It's actually a pretty good tool to see where people's prioritys lie. None of us are the same, which a pretty good thing IMO. But this test can show where someone stands and how to put yourself in their shoes. It makes it easier to see from their perspective.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:06 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

mrscott wrote:
The Lone Ranger wrote:
mrscott wrote:

God
Country
Children
Money
Job
Spouse
Community
Friends
Self

God
Family
Community
Country
Feeling good about one's Self
Friends
Money?

You changed the parameters to fit your personal situation, that's ok, since you don't have a job. But it does show me where you stand on a growth scale. Thank you for that much.

"To thine own self be true", Shakespeare, that is when we are in trouble when we lie to ourselves.

Last edited by The Lone Ranger on Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:32 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

The Lone Ranger wrote:

"To thy own self be true", Shakespeare, that is when we are in trouble when we lie to ourselves.

Actually LR, there are two people you cannot lie to. First is "yourself", second is "The Lord". It will never work if you even attempt to lie to either. But this is to be discussed on Sunday meetings or the dinner table with the kids/grandkids. :D But it is always a good practice to follow that rule: "To thine own self be true".

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:17 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

The latest news about the KJ who has had the issues with equipment problems. Now he is no longer hosting, since it seems both he and his girlfriend have contracted Covid-19, and are in lock down mode. They also play in a band, who knows where they contracted the virus? They should have had their shots, especially if they were going to be out in the public. Last night an old friend of mine did the show. When word gets out that the host was responsible for exposing patrons to the disease, it is up in the air, if they will return to the venue aka Elk's lodge. From what I was told it is still slow over there.

P.S. This is the elephant in the room, all of those hosts that complain about things getting back to normal, need to man or woman up and get their shots. If hosts are keeping the virus going through their shows, it is important for the industry to set the example, and show some responsibility to the community which they service.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:36 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1048 times
The Lone Ranger wrote:
The latest news about the KJ who has had the issues with equipment problems. Now he is no longer hosting, since it seems both he and his girlfriend have contracted Covid-19, and are in lock down mode. They also play in a band, who knows where they contracted the virus? They should have had their shots, especially if they were going to be out in the public. Last night an old friend of mine did the show. When word gets out that the host was responsible for exposing patrons to the disease, it is up in the air, if they will return to the venue aka Elk's lodge. From what I was told it is still slow over there.

P.S. This is the elephant in the room, all of those hosts that complain about things getting back to normal, need to man or woman up and get their shots. If hosts are keeping the virus going through their shows, it is important for the industry to set the example, and show some responsibility to the community which they service.

From what I understand, if someone who has Covid was in your bar, the entire bar must close until a thorough cleaning is done.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:56 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Alan B wrote:
From what I understand, if someone who has Covid was in your bar, the entire bar must close until a thorough cleaning is done.

The first item is this is not my bar. The lodge is responsible for meeting all public health standards. That being said it would seem that having a show runs a great risk, both to the host and the public. A first step would be for all private and public places to have vaccination of all of their employees. No exceptions, next they need to take a hard look at any entertainment and determine the risk it imposes, to their patrons. That is why you see so many venues sitting on the fence when it comes to opening up and returning to some form of normal.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:13 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

The Lone Ranger wrote:
Alan B wrote:

The first item is this is not my bar. The lodge is responsible for meeting all public health standards. That being said it would seem that having a show runs a great risk, both to the host and the public. A first step would be for all private and public places to have vaccination of all of their employees. No exceptions, next they need to take a hard look at any entertainment and determine the risk it imposes, to their patrons. That is why you see so many venues sitting on the fence when it comes to opening up and returning to some form of normal.

The issue with vaccinations is, (and we have gone over this already), they DO NOT stop the virus from spreading. Just because a person is vaccinated DOES NOT mean that they will not get the virus and spread it if they are exposed. It only means that they have less chance of it becoming more serious and having less chances of dying. A person who has already had the virus and spent the time quarantining has less chance of spreading the virus than those who have only had the vaccinations.

To require the vaccinations in order to have a job is wrong. It should be a choice, never mandated. If you want the shots, that's fine. If you don't want the shots, that's fine too. That's my stance. Besides, I still cannot in good conscience call them "vaccines". That would suggest they will at some point make a person immune to the virus, which we all know is not the case.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:26 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

mrscott wrote:

The issue with vaccinations is, (and we have gone over this already), they DO NOT stop the virus from spreading. Just because a person is vaccinated DOES NOT mean that they will not get the virus and spread it if they are exposed. It only means that they have less chance of it becoming more serious and having less chances of dying. A person who has already had the virus and spent the time quarantining has less chance of spreading the virus than those who have only had the vaccinations.

To require the vaccinations in order to have a job is wrong. It should be a choice, never mandated. If you want the shots, that's fine. If you don't want the shots, that's fine too. That's my stance. Besides, I still cannot in good conscience call them "vaccines". That would suggest they will at some point make a person immune to the virus, which we all know is not the case.

If that is what you think MR.SCOTT fine and dandy. Having vaccinations to have a job is not wrong, especially if your job concerns the military. Anything like a pandemic can effect the readiness of our military, that is why years ago I stood in a line with others and took my battery of shots, guess what I'm still here. While the vaccination won't stop you from getting it and giving it to others, it will keep you out of the hospital ICU, and maybe dying, two important items. You are the one who wants things to return to normal, you are the one who says covid will be with us for decades. We could be over this right now like Portugal, and other countries if 98% of the population took their shots. I really don't want to hear about how bad things are industry wise, if people in the industry won't take responsibility and take proper safe guards. You have already had the virus, you also get it again.

P.S. I have no problem with those who don't want to take the shot, as long as they stay home, and don't spread the infection.

Last edited by The Lone Ranger on Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:27 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1048 times
The Lone Ranger wrote:
That being said it would seem that having a show runs a great risk, both to the host and the public.

My friend, there are risks in everything. Life is full of them. There's a risk that you may go to a bar and have something to eat and get food poisoning. Or, you may be on your way home from the bar and have an accident. The point is, once you leave your home, you are at a greater risk of something happening.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:30 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Yes Alan there is risk to everything, most people now are staying home and not going out. Mainly I feel it has to do with family budgets, who is going out buying drinks or eating out, when they can't pay their rent, or buy food for their family?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:31 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

The Lone Ranger wrote:
mrscott wrote:

If that is what you think MR.SCOTT fine and dandy. Having vaccinations to have a job is not wrong, especially if your job concerns the military. Anything like a pandemic can effect the readiness of our military, that is why years ago I stood in a line with others and took my battery of shots, guess what I'm still here. While the vaccination won't stop you from getting it and giving it to others, it will keep you out of the hospital ICU, and maybe dying, two important items. You are the one who wants things to return to normal, you are the one who says covid will be with us for decades. We could be over this right now like Portugal and other countries if 98% of the population took their shots. I really don't want to hear about how bad things are industry wise, if people in the industry won't take responsibility and take proper safe guards. You have already had the virus, you also get it again.

P.S. I have no problem with those who don't want to take the shot, as long as they stay home, and don't spread the infection.

And that is exactly what needs to happen,,, if you are sick, then stay home. Otherwise, carry on. I stayed home when I had it and it wasn't the end of the world.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 292 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next