KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Benefits of post-corona karaoke Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:51 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 233 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:42 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
i answered MrScott's question of who knows anyone who actually died of Covid...which was ignored
then i responded to the current issue being discussed of firearms and was shut down....
by the person who did not respond to my answer to their question...

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:41 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1048 times
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
i answered MrScott's question of who knows anyone who actually died of Covid...which was ignored
then i responded to the current issue being discussed of firearms and was shut down....
by the person who did not respond to my answer to their question...

I think the person that goes by the name of mrscott, is having issues right now. He's not being a very nice person.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:31 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 634 times
Alan B wrote:
I think the person that goes by the name of mrscott, is having issues right now. He's not being a very nice person.

:!: MrScott for the most part has been a gentleman, I think he is under a great deal of pressure right now, and has a lot on his mind. I have always found him to be thoughtful, and sincere in his beliefs. After all he is trying to do a gig under very difficult conditions, and tonight is the night he will once again play karaoke post pandemic hosting Russian roulette.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:26 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

The Lone Ranger wrote:
...and tonight is the night he will once again play karaoke post pandemic hosting Russian roulette.

If I may correct the term you use as "post pandemic". Post meaning: "after" or done, over, complete, finished. Well, the pandemic is definitely not over. It's still with us with more and more people becoming infected every day.

With that said, the part about playing Russian Roulette is definitely true. Every day that bar is open for business, increases the risk of an outbreak, especially since the bar is taking no precautions. And each week that mrscott hosts karaoke there, puts himself more and more in jeopardy.

I really hope I'm wrong but I believe it's just a matter of time before people from this bar start getting sick. Remember, eventually the odds are going to turn.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:23 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

:!: By post pandemic, I was referring to post it becoming a major problem.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:58 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

:!: I have been looking for updates from Mr.Scott about his weekly gig on Friday, and would like to know how it is going. I hope everything is still safe and sane. Also curious if the money situation at the venue continues to make hosting at the bar still economically practical? Come to think of it I haven't heard from him for a couple of days?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:24 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

The Lone Ranger wrote:
Come to think of it I haven't heard from him for a couple of days?

I can only hope that he's OK.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:45 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 116 times
He's probably in a self-imposed 14 day quarantine from this forum :D

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:12 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

:!: Well I see Mr.Scott is browsing the site that is a good sign.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:02 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

The Lone Ranger wrote:
:!: Well I see Mr.Scott is browsing the site that is a good sign.

Here's what I think...

It's more of the same at his venue with people not following any guidelines, nor the bar enforcing them. People are not keeping their hands to themselves and are up close and personal with each other. He's worried, especially since he's in a high risk group, and doesn't want to say any more about it because he knows he's taking a big risk and doesn't want to hear what a mistake he's making.

That would be my guess.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:13 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

I got 2 more of my singers to purchase their own mics. That brings the total to 12 singers with their own mic. The goal is for every singer to have their own. The days of sharing, at this point in time, are over.

I will continue to encourage singers purchasing their own mics at my shows. Until there is a treatment and/or vaccine, no one should be sharing mics. I'm glad that I have singers who actually care their safety and are willing to comply.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:59 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 396 times
Alan B wrote:
I got 2 more of my singers to purchase their own mics. That brings the total to 12 singers with their own mic. The goal is for every singer to have their own. The days of sharing, at this point in time, are over.

I will continue to encourage singers purchasing their own mics at my shows. Until there is a treatment and/or vaccine, no one should be sharing mics. I'm glad that I have singers who actually care their safety and are willing to comply.

I like Alan plan to allow the singers to bring their own wired mics. Considered another 2 options for bring your own mic. There is a guy in Winston Salem, North Carolina who has a personal wireless mic system where the host has a receiver for the singers to hook up to, which is the easiest and fastest way to do bring your own wireless mic. I just question the sound quality of it as it runs on FM radio frequencies. The other wireless mic systems that might work are the phenyx Pro or the GTD systems where you can buy separate transmitters that can be set to one of the frequencies of the already installed receiver in the host system. Although I am not aware if one can get replacement transmitters for the phenyx system. Maybe Alan can better answer this. My GTD system's transmitters only cost $25, which is comparable to the price of the Behringer wired mics that Alan is convincing his singers to get.The biggest benefit of the wired mics is the fact that the singers can spend however much they want to on whatever brand and model of wired mic that they choose to.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:51 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Alan B wrote:

It's more of the same at his venue with people not following any guidelines, nor the bar enforcing them. People are not keeping their hands to themselves and are up close and personal with each other. He's worried, especially since he's in a high risk group, and doesn't want to say any more about it because he knows he's taking a big risk and doesn't want to hear what a mistake he's making.

That would be my guess.
[/quote]

:!: There could be several reasons Alan RLC didn't post for awhile, that was because he was doing some soul searching. Sometimes we need to be away from the noise, to get a better idea of what we want to say. My feeling is if the crowd didn't pick up enough, or the numbers weren't right, maybe the venue had to close anyway. It was sort of teetering on the edge, from what Mr.Scott said. I just hope he is well, and that his community hasn't finally been hit hard by the pandemic?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:03 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

:!: Just found out something interesting, the things that promote the spread of the virus are, crowds, enclosed areas, prolonged exposure to the first two conditions. Also any yelling, shouting, sneezing, coughing, singing, since all acts cause the spread of droplets, containing the virus. So the very act of singing is a major factor in the spread of the virus. Can anybody tell me if that is the case, why doing gigs again is a good idea? It would seem having a karaoke show would break all of the rules, and cause the transmission of the virus between people faster than any other form of entertainment. That it would make more sense for public health officials to pay hosts to stay home, rather than be a public health menace.

Last edited by The Lone Ranger on Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:13 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

DannyG2006 wrote:
The other wireless mic systems that might work are the phenyx Pro or the GTD systems where you can buy separate transmitters that can be set to one of the frequencies of the already installed receiver in the host system.

not a bad idea until you get people unmuting their own mic and singing along.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:47 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

The Lone Ranger wrote:
Can anybody tell me if that is the case why doing gigs again is a good idea?

It's not a good idea. Any form of entertainment designed to draw a crowd should be put on hold. The problem is that a lot of people are sick of staying home and want to go out and "party", regardless of the risk factor.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:01 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

:!: That is something to put on a tombstone "Here I lie, because I couldn't stay home safe"!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:37 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Alan B wrote:
The Lone Ranger wrote:
Can anybody tell me if that is the case why doing gigs again is a good idea?

It's not a good idea. Any form of entertainment designed to draw a crowd should be put on hold. The problem is that a lot of people are sick of staying home and want to go out and "party", regardless of the risk factor.

i agree, i just do not have a choice. i wish i could hold off but i can not just give up and quit all my shows. venue owners (as we are well aware of) are all about their way regardless of risk. go back when they say go back or they WILL find someone who will.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:51 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
i agree, i just do not have a choice. i wish i could hold off but i can not just give up and quit all my shows. venue owners (as we are well aware of) are all about their way regardless of risk. go back when they say go back or they WILL find someone who will.

:?: One question Paradigm are the venue owners on the front lines, or are they hiding in the office, or at home aka the bunker? Just like the guy who told the German Army to fight to the last man, don't retreat a millimeter.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:22 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

The Lone Ranger wrote:
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:

:?: One question Paradigm are the venue owners on the front lines, or are they hiding in the office, or at home aka the bunker? Just like the guy who told the German Army to fight to the last man, don't retreat a millimeter.

it depends on the venue. at mine....

British Pub: owner is never there at night

Irish Bar: owner is rarely there at night but when he is, doesn't take any precautions

Sports Bar: same as the Irish bar

VFW: it's military....the commander, Vice, Bar & House, etc are all there because Covid is a fake virus created by the Chinese that the governments, scientists, medical communities of every country around the world, all being part of the global deep state liberal democrat underground, use as the excuse to kill their own citizens via other means to make it look like the virus is real in a global effort to destroy America's economy. (and i'm not joking either). they laugh and mock me for wearing a mask and using hand sanitizer.

DAV: see VFW answer in it's entirety

American Legion: See VFW answer in it's entirety

F.O. Eagles: officers are there on the front line, no precautions, but unlike the military posts they respect OUR request for distance and do not mock us for masks etc.

L.O. Moose: see Eagles answer in it's entirety

B.P.O. Elk: see Eagles answer in it's entirety

all had one thing in common, when they called to start again, i posed my concerns and was told that the patrons want karaoke back so it has to start, if i don't feel comfortable, they will be forced to find someone else.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 233 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next